Tale Thoughts Jewelry pieces are often irregular and textured, this is intentional and a fundamental part of the design. All Tale Thoughts jewelry is made of 925 sterling silver, solid brass, up to 3 micron real 22ct gold plate and 100% free from nickel.
To ensure the life of all gold plate, sterling silver and brass jewelry, do not expose it to water. Please remove your jewelry while exercising, bathing or swimming and avoid contact with perfumes, lotions, makeup or cleaning products. To maintain the finish, keep your jewelry stored clean and dry.
We work with natural gemstones, for that reason, inclusions and colouring can differ from stone to stone. All natural Freshwater Pearls used in our jewelry are unique, shapes and sizes are all different. The gems in the jewelry can crack or break if dropped against a hard surface, careful handling and storing is recommended.
Please note that all metals oxidise naturally with time and will require maintenance as tarnishing is not considered a fault. It is essential that you clean your jewellery and avoid chemicals. Tale Thoughts is not responsible for your jewelry maintenance or cleaning after purchase.
Special care for silver:
- Lightly wipe your jewelry with a jewelry cloth after each wear to remove any unwanted chemicals on the surface of your jewelry.
- Gently polish your items to bring back a shine and remove any tarnish.
- Silver is a soft metal and will possibly scratch over time.
Special care for gold plate:
- Avoid wearing your jewelry when completing activities such as cleaning, gardening, swimming and showering.
- Apply your cosmetics, moisturisers and hair products before adding your jewelry with clean hands.
- Do not spray perfume directly onto or around your jewelry.
- Avoid impact with hard surfaces, including other items of jewelry. This will protect against scratching and chipping.
- Plated metals will react with chemicals and can cause jewelry to tarnish, however cleaning and storing your jewelry correctly will help to minimise this.
- Take care not to over polish plated jewelry as you may remove the plating.
- It is natural for the layers of gold plating to gradually wear off, but by following our care guide it’s possible to slow down the process.
Special care for solid brass:
Never store your jewelry in the bathroom as the moisture can cause rapid oxidisation. If you live in a moist climate we strongly recommend you to store the jewellery in a ziplock bag with the silica gel bag inside.
Solid brass can darken and oxidize when in contact with oxygen which gives it an old gold look that we love. But if you wish to bring the shine back it can be buffed, cleaned and polished with a polishing cloth.